Green Planet Laundry - Laundry Process
Water is extracted from a borehole then purified using a custom built water purification system to remove any contaminants. The water is then ozonated for sanitation and effectiveness in the laundry system. The process is simple, yet highly effective: Ambient air is compressed and then dried. This dry air is then fed through oxygen concentrators to 95% pure O₂. This O₂ is fed into ‘Corona Discharge’ ozone cells, from which ozone gas (O₃) is produced.
The treated borehole water in the storage tank is circulated and via a venturi system, the ozone is injected. The level of ozone in the tank is constantly monitored and controlled by a sophisticated PLC system with touch screen control. This ozone-infused water is then pressurized and pumped into Green Planet Laundry’s efficient and technologically advanced washing machines. The recycled water is recovered and cleaned then also treated with the same circulating and controlled ozone process killing any bacteria and also preparing the water to be used again as prewash or wash water in the next cycles. This ozone-infused water is then stored in a supply tank, from where it is pumped into Green Planet Laundry’s efficient and technologically advanced washing machines. Ozone is dissolved into the wash basin throughout the entire wash cycle. Municipal water is saved, and our ecological footprint is much reduced.
This ozone-infused water is then stored in a supply tank, from where it is pumped into Green Planet Laundry’s efficient and technologically advanced washing machines. Ozone is dissolved into the wash basin throughout the entire wash cycle. Municipal water is saved, and our ecological footprint is much reduced.
How the environment benefits from this process:
- Green Planet Laundry uses absolutely no municipal drinking water in the washing process. Only undrinkable borehole water is used, alleviating pressure on our water supply.
- The grey water used by Green Planet Laundry’s washing machines is recycled through the filtration plant, approximately 50% is reused.
- Due to the Ozone infusion process, less detergent is required to clean and disinfect clothing and less water is required for the wash and rinse cycles.
- The entire water purification system including the borehole will be powered by solar energy making their complete water purification system environmentally neutral.
How your clothing benefits from this process:
- O₃ oxidises soils and eliminates microbes in the linen, leaving your clothing clean, sanitised and soft.
- It acts as a biocide, controlling odours and killing viruses and bacteria. It has disinfectant capabilities up to 150% more powerful than chlorine.
- Linen life is increased by up to 50%. Fabrics feel softer, and are noticeable whiter.
Cape Town residents can now experience the convenience of sending their laundry to be cleaned without the guilt of wasting natural resources. Water restrictions in the Western Cape are becoming a permanent fixture, and this is a perfect opportunity through which residents can decrease the number of litres consumed by their household.